Andy Darby joins me in virtual Derry and Toms to talk his tales of the Monkey God, Moorcock, and lots of other stuff including reminiscences about Johnny Seven, Lion annuals, Commando comics, Mme. Blavatsky, My First Two Thousand Years and tripping in Amsterdam.
You can pick up Vol I and The Paddington Incident now and Vol II releases on 5th November. There are QR codes with the illustrations in Vol 2 and The Paddington Incident that link to audio sections narrated by Andy, and you can connect with him on Goodreads.
Brayna’s Creed, the second track from the upcoming Journal Vol II is available via N Λ Ṇ D
This episode is played out by the title track from The Dreaming City III by Immryr. At the time of recording (and at the time we released The Black Corridor) this was the latest release from Imrryr but, characteristically, there is another available for pre-order already. Check out One Flesh, One End.
Andy’s reading recommendations:
- C J Cherryh: Gate of Ivrel, Well of Shiuan, Fires of Azeroth, Exile’s Gate
- Madeline Miller: Circe, The Song of Achilles,
- Pat Barker: The Silence of the Girls, Natalie Haynes: A Thousand Ships,
- Conn Iggulden: Conqueror series (these are just fucking epic!)
- Tim Willocks: The Religion (awesome!), The Twelve Children of Paris (awesome 2!)
- Ben Aaronovitch: Rivers of London series
- Jonathan L Howard: Johannes Cabal series
- Catherynne M. Valente: Deathless
- Kim Newman: Anno Dracula
- Karl Edward Wagner: Kane series
- Chris Carlsen: Berserker series
- Stewart Gordon Suaine and the Crow God
- Iain Banks: The Wasp Factory, The Bridge Walking on Glass,
- Clive Barker: Weave World
Our banner art and logo is by Simon Perrins. Follow him on Twitter and check out his store.
Listen to BITR Breakfast in the Ruins Radio on Radio Garden.